Andersen Replacement Windows
We carry the Andersen composite replacement windows from Andersen. They developed a material that is twice as strong as vinyl, has superior performance in our extreme arctic conditions. They call it Fibrex and is composed of reclaimed wood fiber along with a thermoplastic polymer. Please take a moment to view the very informative video below that explains the material in more detail.
What Is Fibrex® Material?
- A blend of 40 percent wood fiber by weight, mostly reclaimed from Andersen manufacturing processes, with 60 percent thermoplastic polymer by weight, some of which is also reclaimed.
- Blocks thermal transfer nearly 700 times better than aluminum to help reduce heating and cooling bills.
- Reduces VOC emissions because no wood preservative treatments or painting is required.
- Twice as strong as vinyl, so weathertight seals stay weathertight.
- Retains its stability and rigidity in all climates.
- A unique fabrication process blends the color with the Fibrex® material during production for long-lasting beauty.
- Resists rot, decay and fungal growth, and won’t flake, blister, peel, pit or corrode*
100 Series products are made with our sustainable composite Fibrex® material for durability and energy efficiency.
A-Series products are made of wood with a fiberglass and Fibrex® composite material exterior to resist water and seal out the elements.